Combined Effort

I love recipes that take familiar flavors and combine them in a new way. It's one of my favorite things to do if I make up dishes, and they are always the recipes that capture my Pinterest attention. Enter Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese--the best familiar flavors combined to make something new. 

With only six ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and makes quite a bit so you'll have enough for a large family or plenty of leftovers. You'll be able to put it together in a snap at the end of a long workday. I ended up using a combination of pastas to use up some of the boxes in my cupboard. My kiddo isn't always a fan of sloppy joe, but she didn't mind it in this recipe, so maybe canned sloppy joe sauce she likes? One other note, get your pasta cooking first so that when the ground beef is done browning you can start combining everything sooner. My beef simmered in the evaporated milk and sloppy joe sauce for a little bit. I don't think it hurt the recipe at all, but changing the order of operations would have made this recipe even more efficient.

This is a great family recipe. Give it a try! 

Comments