PB&J Biscuit Magic

I try a lot of new recipes. That's part of my reason for this blog--I need a way to keep track of all the recipes. Many people ask me, "how do you know if a recipe will be a good one?" One of my strategies for recipe selection is choosing variations on things I already know the family and I love.

Such is this case with today's dish--Peanut Butter and Jelly Biscuit Bake. Ala Joey from Friends, "Peanut Butter? Good. Jelly? Good. Biscuits? Good." This recipe is all the things I know we enjoy just rearranged a little. Add to that the fact that it can be ready in under 30 minutes and requires just four ingredients? Sold.

This biscuit bake was very easy and fun. I used jumbo biscuits so there were only four top and bottom. I used a combo of strawberry jam and grape jelly since I was at the very end of a strawberry jam jar. I did use the creamy peanut butter as suggested, even though our family leans toward crunchy given the choice. The end result was reminiscent of grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which we also like. It was comfort food at it's finest, but a little nicer than your standard PB&J. If you're in the market for something familiar with a twist, this is it!

Comments