Sloppy Joe Meets Deep Dish

It feels like Sloppy Joe has been a frequent visitor to our table recently. However, it is a predictable favorite, and in varied formats, no one seems to mind.

Today's edition is the deep dish variety, and I am here for it. I started with this Quick and Easy Pizza Crust, which is my favorite crust recipe. It made a very generous amount of crust for my 12" skillet, but we loved that. The sloppy joe mixture was pretty ordinary, so I'd suggest using whatever recipe you like best. Do follow the directions to get the crust nice and toasty on the stovetop before filling it and moving it to the oven. I cooked mine on both sides, so the middle had a lovely crisp texture. The sides got done enough as the pizza baked and were soft and chewy. For cheese mixture, I used the amount of mozzarella the recipe called for and added a little sprinkle of cheddar. You can never have too much cheese.

This was a treat to eat. I would absolutely make it again, and I know the fam would love to eat it again. Two thumbs up.

Comments

Kyle S. said…
Interesting...it makes sense though, and I feel like there's a lot of "the old favorites" that could become a pizza recipe. How thick was the layer of sloppy joe? If it gets too deep, it almost seems more like a pie:) But definitions aside, it sounds amazing! And yes - 110% agree that you can never have too much cheesy goodness.

- Kyle S.