Hidden Heat


If, by the title of this post, you're expecting some bold review of a trashy romance novel, you're in the wrong place. This isn't that kind of blog.

Still, as is often documented here, we are weak of palate in this family. A little bit of heat goes a long way for us, and occasionally there is a recipe that bites us just a little. Today's Slow Cooker Taco Pasta was that dish. For the life of me I can't figure out what happened; I only used ingredients we always eat and don't find too spicy. Does slow cooking bring out extra heat or something? I used mild salsa, regular taco seasoning, regular tomatoes, and corn. Nothing there should have had us piling on the cheddar and sour cream like we did. 

If you enjoy some heat in your regular everyday life, may I suggest this would be a terrific recipe for you to try? You could even kick it up a notch or two if you really want a tongue-fryer. Maybe it will be just the ticket for your family.

Comments

Reed Russell said…
I am the exact same way with spicy foods, especially at Buffalo Wild Wings! My sister is letting me borrow her pressure cooker this weekend to see how I like it, so I will definitely have to try this taco pasta. Thanks for sharing!