Big Talk & The Best Potato Soup

 

You've got to be a pretty big talker if you're claiming that your potato soup is the best. I know there is the expectation of hyperbole in blogging, but, please, this is potato soup. I'm going to go on record as saying it's pretty good. I feel like I have a lot of potato soups left to try in my lifetime, but this one rates right up there with what I've experienced so far.

I will say it had a lovely fresh taste that wasn't thick or heavy like some potato soups can be. I followed the recipe as written, other than using precooked bacon bits. You could easily swap ham for bacon if that's more to your liking.  I also liked the addition of the kale for color, as well as flavor.

One gripe I have with this recipe is the multiple pan operation. I want don't want to do two sets of dishes. There are plenty of soup recipes out there that manage to get a lovely thick base, without the extra pan. We need more of that in our lives.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying this again for a weekend lunch. That's the awesome thing about soup Wednesdays, you have leftover soup Saturdays 😁. That said, I'll probably continue a best potato soup quest. I'm looking for the perfect balance of flavor and ease of prep. The hunt continues.

Comments