I Got No Beef With Buffalo

It's no secret this house shies away from spice. The kiddo can't take it, and as a result, I've stayed away in most of our recipes. Now, it is true that the hubby likes the occasional spicy dish, and it's probably the reason he can travel to India and survive.

For whatever reason, I decided to change up the meatball recipe on the menu. The previous recipe, while delicious, seemed a lot like the same flavors we had in pot roast last week, so I felt like we would want something different. As I perused my existing pins, I noticed that I've tried A LOT of meatball recipes. That's the beauty of Pinterest, there's always more, including this recipe for Honey Buffalo Meatballs. Normally, the word Buffalo in the title would send me running for the hills. However, I do enjoy my neighbor's Buffalo chicken dip, and I thought the honey and apricot jam would provide just the sweet distraction I needed in this recipe.

I started with frozen turkey meatballs. It seemed like the right call since Buffalo sauce normally goes on chicken, and I wasn't about to make my own meatballs. Then it's easy--mix the sauce ingredients together, pour them in, and let it cook.

We all liked these meatballs, although some of us felt the heat a little more than others.😅 I served our meatballs on rice, and drizzled with ranch. We all felt they really needed the ranch to tame the spice, but that the combo was overall a winner.

So, what did I learn from this? I do like the Buffalo flavor, but I'm still a wimp when it comes to spice. If you are a fan of the Buffalo, I highly recommend this as a changeup from wings, with all the flavor you crave.

Comments

Taylor Jockisch said…
Gotta learn to love Buffalo sauce. One thing I could not live without!
Alice Lawson said…
One of my favorite restaurants serves exclusively meatballs, and my all time favorite has to be their buffalo turkey one! I'm also not a spice person at all, but if it's canceled out with sweet then it is right up my alley. I just might have to try this recipe!!
Mary said…
My all-time favorite condiment is buffalo sauce and i don't trust people who don't like meatballs, making this recipe right up my ally! I am excited to try this one out!
Mary said…
This comment has been removed by the author.