So Simple. So Good. The Secret of Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar Sandwiches

I'll say right up front that I've never heard of Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar sandwiches, but it turns out I love them. Especially when they are battered and fried as French toast.

This is definitely not a complicated recipe, but I'm pretty sure your life will never be the same again. It's pretty easy - make peanut butter (Jif, of course) and brown sugar sandwiches, dip them in a French toast mixture of your choice (the one in the recipe seemed a little egg heavy to me, so I went with my favorite Better Homes and Gardens cookbook version). 

The biggest challenge you may face with this recipe is how to top it. The recipe suggests maple syrup, so I went one better and added some bacon crumbles on top. You could really up the ante and add the bacon into the sandwich first. The salt of the bacon is a perfect foil to all the sweet of everything else. You could also dust with powdered sugar, or top with a little whipped cream. All work. How do I know? I tried them!

Do yourself a favor and make these ASAP. You won't regret it, only not making it sooner.

Comments