April Equipped

I'll admit this is probably one of the weirdest months I've ever menu planned. I wasn't working around anything in the way of events (except piano, always piano because we can do that by FaceTime), and I didn't want anything exotic because who knows if I'll be able to buy the ingredients. There's also the change of season to take into account, but April weather is so fickle, it's a mystery under the best of times.

What you'll find is some old favorites, plus things I know we already have the ingredients for, and then a few safe bets on new recipes. It's another full month of eating mostly at home, but I didn't add any days of food to the calendar. We typically have leftovers we can use, and we are trying to support one local restaurant a week by doing take-out. Above all, I'm glad I like to cook during this forced time at home. I've got plenty of great recipes I can choose from, and I don't mind making food day in and day out. I know many others are not feeling the same way.

So that's April everybody. I wish you the best in your social distancing and cooking.

Comments