Don't Forget To Celebrate the Dog

We celebrate the dog's birthday around here. Yes, it's a little over the top. No, we don't care. She's a member of our family, and especially interested in eating, so we indulge her.

So each year I go in search of something to make for her to celebrate. This year I found this Mini Dog Birthday Cake. It's really anything but mini. It's certainly more cake than she should have in one sitting. I can attest that it doesn't taste bad for a human, so I'm guessing it tastes pretty amazing to doggie taste buds. She eagerly gulped down the first piece, and has practically shoved me out of the way to get to later servings. I ended up using peanut butter combined with vanilla yogurt for the "frosting" and I will say it's actually quite tasty. She's not wrong to love that.

The best thing about dog birthday cakes is that they stir up pretty fast. I have no idea why you stir the ingredients together in the order instructed. I'd say, stir the dry together, stir the wet together then combine. It's much simpler, and for crying out loud, the dog doesn't care.

So, Happy Birthday to our G who is five. Can't imagine life without her.

Comments