Sweets for Your Sweetheart

Looking for the perfect Valentine's Day breakfast to serve your sweetheart? I've got the perfect solution than will be easy and a fun way to start the day.

It was my turn to host my book club the last time, and I wanted an overnight casserole of the sweet, rather than savory variety. This Chocolate Chip Croissant Breakfast Bake was a spot-on solution. The ingredients were not exotic, but I knew the results would be smack you in the face fantastic, and they were. I made the recipe the night before while dinner was baking and I had a few spare minutes. Chop the croissants, add chocolate chips, and make the cream cheese mixture and you're pretty well set.

This recipe is rich. If you like chocolate, but want a little less intense flavor, you could easily cut the amount of chocolate chips to 1-1.5 cups. It is so, so chocolately that I almost couldn't finish my serving. Some book club friends agreed, and others thought it was the perfect amount.

I think this recipe has a lot of potential for new variations. It would be amazing with blueberries or peaches, or if you're really living on the edge, both! I can't wait to try the fruit combinations another time. For a special Valentine's variation, why not try chocolate and strawberries?!

I think your sweetheart will feel the love when you serve this yummy breakfast, and you'll probably love it too!

Comments