Born to Hand Pie

Puff pastry scares me. I know. I know. How can something pre-made possibly be that hard? I don't know, but past recipes using puff pastry have failed miserably.

In an effort to continue my clean out the freezer task, I decided to persevere and use a box of puff pastry I'd bought for some appetizer I never made during the holidays. These Breakfast Hand Pies were more than enough motivation for me to give puff pastry another try.

Boy, am I glad! These are so yummy and cute. Basically, you could make these however you like your scrambled eggs, just add the mixture to the dough, close them up, brush with egg, and sprinkle with cheese. They come out looking so pretty and tasting so yummy. I loved the combination of the buttery dough folded around each bite of egg. It was just fantastic.

My puff pastry confidence has also soared! I had all kinds of visions for ways I would like to use them in future in both savory and sweet varieties. We shall see...

Comments