Your Holiday Just Got Better

If you've got holiday brunch plans, have I got a recipe for you. Eggnog pancakes I'm pretty sure I've made before, but I have never made Eggnog syrup. It is the most amazing carmelly, Christmas-spiced, bite of heaven on earth.

I was actually going to skip making the syrup because I didn't really want to mess with it. I decided that I might as well go ahead since we sometimes forget to drink up eggnog when it's sitting in the fridge. I wasn't really sure what to expect from the instructions described in the recipe. I will recommend using at least a three quart saucepan. I used a two, and nearly had a serious overflow situation. And once I'd added the vanilla and taken my first little taste, I couldn't wait to sit down and dive into the pancakes.

The pancakes themselves were a little thin because I'm a doofus and didn't notice that the milk instruction was optional.🙄 The flavor with the syrup was outstanding, and I don't usually rave about pancakes. I especially don't rave about syrup, and typically avoid it.

This recipe is a winner, and really very easy despite the fact that you are making two things at the same (nearly) time. I highly recommend adding it to your holiday plans. Pretty sure you're going to thank me.

Comments