Pizza Meets Grilled Cheese

On my menu this month, I worked to try to include a lot of items we already had in the house.  Which means some of the recipes I've tried are not especially earth-shattering, but rather, appropriate for what I had in inventory.

Such was the case for this Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese.  I had several partial packages of pepperoni in the freezer, plus a partial jar of tomato sauce, so it was the perfect match.  There's nothing exotic that makes this particularly interesting, but I will say that the use of fresh mozzarella cheese makes it delightfully cheesy.  We enjoyed stretching out our cheese strings, and chewing away at the delightful pizza flavors.  It was just a fun sandwich to make and eat.

Obviously, there are a host of ways this recipe could be customized to meet your favorite pizza flavors.  I kept this go around simple to use my ingredients up, but I did think about making a sausage option or mixing a few veggies into the mix too.  This would work as a great family choice where everyone gets what they like, since they could help in the build stage of the operation to add in preferred toppings.  Plus, most everyone in a family can get behind pizza and grilled cheese both.  Add to that the fact that it's pretty quick and easy, and you've got yourself a winning recipe that checks a lot of boxes.

Comments