Another Sheet Pan Winner

So the height of summer might not be the best time to go for sheet pan dinners, but I couldn't resist trying this Sheet Pan Chicken Fried Rice.  A recent visit to Hawaii showed us how absolutely delicious fried rice can be, and even though I was pretty sure mine wouldn't be as stellar as those we tasted on vacation, I had to try.

It was totally worth the hot oven on a summer day.  This is not a quick recipe, as I quickly realized half-way through when our deadline for evening activities was fast approaching.  Even though it takes a little time, every single step was worth it.  Despite the crunch on prep day, I did make the rice in the crock pot and chopped the chicken a few days ahead of time.  Veggie shopping and sauce making I did the day of.  I did follow the recipe, save the addition of peas.  We don't enjoy them; I can't pretend I don't taste them, thus they were omitted.

My fam couldn't get enough of this, and it's a good thing because it's a rather generous recipe.  We'll be eating leftovers for some time to come.  Somehow I don't think they'll mind.

Comments