Things to Do with Three Extra Limes

Somewhere along the line I bought three limes for a recipe or recipes.  Said limes did not get used for their intended purpose (why is still a mystery), and there they were just rollin' around in the fruit drawer a hair's breadth away from that weird bad state that happens to citrus.  I needed to use them quickly, and something bright and simple sounded delicious.  (We are coming off a week of cruise ship food, so simple is definitely in order.)

I love honey and lime together, so I did a quick Pinterest search and came up with this Grilled Honey Lime Chicken.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  I let it marinate all day, using all the called for ingredients save the cayenne.  You know that's not happening in this house. 

The chicken was sweet and tangy and juicy all at once, exactly what I wanted.  Plus, it gave the chicken a beautiful caramelly color.  This is a definite recipe winner, even if you buy the limes on purpose. 😀  Highly recommend!

Comments