Strawberry Pancakes Forever

A long, cold spring has pushed strawberries to be available locally until the end of June, easily three weeks later than usual.  I bought a late quart, and then looked for something to do with them.

On the menu this week was pancakes, so I thought maybe I could find a strawberry shortcake pancake recipe.  I thought this sheet pan variety seemed like an interesting and easy one to try.

The pancake was good, especially with the local strawberries.  I doubt store-bought varieties would be as good due to the fact that they are usually a little less juicy and sweet.  I added a bit more than the cup of strawberries called for, because I wanted to make sure there was plenty of yummy strawberry flavor.  I used the amount of cream cheese called for, but cut it in smaller pieces to hopefully get more even distribution.  I even sprinkled some coarse sugar across the top, but I think this would be even better if you used a cinnamon sugar cream cheese.  The little bit of extra sweetness would be perfect.

I ended up with a ton of leftovers from this recipe, but that's a good thing.  They'll make great breakfasts in the future.

Comments