White Barbecue (What the what?) Chicken

I always learn something new from Pinterest, and this month I learned about White Barbecue.  I decided to give it a try since my kiddo is mildly anti-regular-barbecue.

Even after making this recipe, I'm still not sure how this qualifies as barbecue.  It's an awesome marinade, and produces super tasty and tender chicken, but it's hardly barbecue in flavor or nature.

I just made one recipe of the sauce, as I was only doing two regular chicken breasts.  It was more than enough for marinating and basting, with a good 1/3 to 1/2 cup to spare.  I used regular boneless, skinless chicken breasts as well as low fat mayo, and they still turned out super moist.  We didn't even miss the skin.  (Well the family didn't, they didn't know that's what they were supposed to get.)

I don't know if this replaces regular barbecue sauce  for me or not.  I don't see them as interchangeable or even close.  However, if I'm looking for a change of pace to use at the grill--I'd love to try this on pork--this may be the direction I go.

Comments