Colors That Make You Want to Dig In

Every time I eat a pretty and colorful dish, and remark about how pretty it is, even if only to myself, I remember that I am becoming my mother.  Colorful dinners are a favorite thing of hers, and I'm in the best of company enjoying a many-hued dish.

Stir-frys such as this Cilantro Lime Chicken Teriyaki Stir-fry have a leg up when it comes to color.  This one turned out slightly more colorful than called for because I was generous with the carrots and bell peppers (in lieu of bok choy).

I particularly liked the sugar snap peas in this recipe.  The sauce was a little sharp for my taste.  Maybe I was too heavy handed with the lime juice?  It just didn't seem to get the balance it needed from the other sauce ingredients.  The consistency of the sauce, however, was perfect, so maybe with a little less lime it would be just right. 

Comments