Chowdah

When I saw National Clam Chowder Day was in February, I knew we had to celebrate.  All three of us at our table love clam chowder.  Of course, since it was a Monday, I needed a slow cooker version, and honestly I was hoping for easy but amazing.

Lucky for me, I found BOTH!  Seriously, this is such an easy recipe, but it does not taste like it.  I was a skeptical given that it starts with cream of potato soup.  There is a distinctively canned flavor about cream of potato soup that usually precludes its use in this house.  Even buried in a casserole, I can almost always pick it out.  Maybe it's the addition of bacon or even the cream cheese, but this soup turned out thick, rich, creamy, and fantastic.  I really couldn't believe how good it was.  I made two very slight modifications--Neufchatel instead of full fat cream cheese, and a couple extra slices of bacon, because bacon. 

Even if it's no longer National Clam Chowder Day, you can't go wrong with this recipe.  It really is the bees' knees, and I will make it again.  Soon.

Comments