A Lot at Steak

Valentine's Day always prompts me to want to prepare something special for dinner.  However, a full day at work leading up to said dinner means things might be a little challenging.  So this year I went for simple--steak.  We all love a good steak at our table (and the slobbery canine next to the table), so I knew it would be an easy win.

My favorite cut is a filet.  I love how tender and amazing they turn out, without any embellishment necessary.  I knew I had seen some cast iron steak recipes once upon a time, so I did a quick Pinterest search, and turned up this Very Best Filet Mignon recipe.  The instructions were straightforward and sounded pretty easy, even after a long day of work.

It was as easy as promised, and twice as delicious.  Seriously, soooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood.  Make sure you use the pan drippings as a topping at the end.  It's truly amazing. 

If you've got a special occasion coming up, this is the easiest to feel like you are a fancy cook and the results live up to the hype.  Five stars, two thumbs up, and all that jazz, these are definitely worth a try.

Comments