New Year, New Recipe

It's the very first day of the year, and I managed to rouse myself from doing absolutely nothing to make dinner.  Big accomplishments are the name of my game in 2019.

These French Dip Tortilla Roll Ups were a simple and delicious way to start our year.  As roll ups go, they were super straightforward, and actually easy to roll up!  The flavor combination was great (I did both a provolone and a sharp cheddar variety), and the au jus was a great addition. 

What really impressed me was how fast these were.  If you want an easy weeknight meal, that would even transport well, this is the ticket!  I used a tub of lunch meat roast beef rather than deli sliced, pre-sliced cheese, and sprinkled in the French onions.  It was so quick to assemble, and the cooking time was short too.  I will definitely keep this idea in mind when I know we need to eat on the run, but I don't feel like a take out option.

Comments