Mixing It Up

I love my menu plans, but I always use them with the idea that they have to work for me, not the other way around.  With some changes to plans and weather this week, it worked out great to borrow from a few weeks ago. 

For some reason I ended up not making these Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs as scheduled.  Since I already had all the ingredients purchased, it worked perfectly to shuffle them to this week rather than buying more food.

This is a pretty easy recipe.  I'm guessing you could make it easier by purchasing your favorite bottled Teriyaki sauce and achieve the same result.  The crushed pineapple gives a great sweet flavor, and the sesame seeds and green onion made the end product a little brighter.  I did choose to use turkey meatballs, but that's our go to and we don't even notice the difference anymore.

This is a fun change-up to some more traditional meatball recipes, but still easy to pull off, especially with the slow cooker and pre-prepped products.

Comments