The Power of Three

Any recipe that promises deliciousness with three ingredients catches my eye.  It just seems almost impossible unless the three ingredients are cheese, bread, and cheese. 😋

Of course, then, I had to try this Crockpot Olive Garden Chicken because three ingredients in a crockpot are about as close to heaven as it gets in meal prep.  Where easy is concerned, this recipe has it in spades. 

I knew my timing for a crockpot meal was going to be a little tight, so I switched from chicken breasts to chicken tenders so that I could crank up the temp and get things done in the time I had between work and dinner.  I mixed the sauce and poured it all over the chicken ahead of time, and then just moved the crock from the refrigerator to the crock when I walked in the door.  Also, as a part of my ahead of time prep, I cooked some angel hair pasta (very al dente).  Then about an hour or so before dinner, I stirred the pasta into the chicken and sauce, where it got a lovely toasty finish.

This recipe was just okay for me.  It's very tangy, which makes sense on the chicken, but was a little different on the pasta.  I didn't not like it, but it won't skyrocket to the top of the favorites list either.  If I need a super easy option, or if I'm looking for a good "kid cooking" option, this is definitely it.

Comments