Burgers with Chip Sauce

Once upon a time there was a little girl who loved "chip sauce".  Er, Prairie Farms French Onion Dip as translation.  It is without question the very best of French Onion dips.  I don't buy it often, because to buy it is to eat it, and to eat it is to eat all of it.

When I saw this recipe for Double Dipped Stuffed Burgers, I knew I had to try them, only with the Prairie Farms dip rather than the brand in the original post.  The fact that I couldn't find the dill pickle dip for the top wasn't even disappointing--we just put more onion dip on top! 

These burgers were just amazing, if a bit fragile.  Since the recipe didn't call for much in the way of seasoning, I was curious to see whether some was lacking.  The dip provided all the seasoning necessary.  In addition to the dip change, I also chose to use sharp cheddar cheese instead of American.  I love how it oozed throughout the burgers as they cooked, so that every bite had just the right amount of cheese in it.

I can't recommend these burgers strongly enough.  They were absolutely delicious, and sure to be on our menu again.  Especially, since it gives me a reason to buy more chip sauce. 😊

Comments