Back from Camp Brownies


My kiddo has been gone to camp all week, so to welcome her back home I wanted to make something special she would love.

Enter these Cookies and Cream Brownies.  She loves cookies and cream anything, and brownies too.  Put them together, and it's basically her idea of heaven. 

This is a pretty straightforward recipe.  I double the ingredients and made a 9x13 pan because I felt like the 8x8 size would go too quickly.  I only purchased on package of Oreos, and didn't feel like it made the Cool Whip very chocolately, so I added about a half cup of mini chocolate chips to that mixture.  The mini chips blend in with the cookie pretty nicely, and add a nice chocolate crunch.

These brownies are super duper rich chocolate, and the Cool Whip is a nice balance for that.  They garnered rave reviews from my fam, including a big ole hug from my girl.  I think she was glad to be home, plus extra excited about the brownies. Highly recommend, especially if you are welcoming someone special home or just need a big hug.

Comments