What a Turkey (Burger)!


Turkey burgers seems to always fall on opposite ends of the spectrum--either basic blah or outrageously awesome.  Too many times I've ended up on the basic blah side of the continuum, but not this time.  Not this time, my friends.

I started with this California Style Grilled Turkey Burgers recipe, and then started messing with things.  You know, because I can.  I followed all the seasoning recommendations, which gave the burgers great flavor.  I used the Jack cheese, and since I didn't have a pound and a half of meat, decided to beef things up with some bacon bits.  Finally, I eliminated the toppings because I'm the only one who likes them and switched to some ginormous Hawaiian buns I found on the clearance shelf. 

What I particularly liked about this recipe was that they held together!  So, so many times I've made turkey burgers and lost half a burger or more through the grill grate.  These were perfect in consistency without being rock hard or falling apart.  I'll continue to use this recipe for that reason alone.

Comments