We (Also) Have the Meat

I've thrown caution to the wind a little this week, and gone off menu to use up some different things we had around the house.

I was looking for a way to use up some deli roast beef and cheese, and first thought a wrap of some kind, but eventually settled on these Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches with Cheddar Cheese Sauce.  It's a spin on Arby's popular Roast Beef and Cheese sandwiches, which I've never had, so I thought they would be fun to try.

These were so quick to throw together, and really tasty.  I especially liked the cheese sauce, and might keep the recipe handy for other occasions.  Of course, I usually make cheese sauce with a white sauce base, but this was less time consuming and no less tasty, a definite reason to keep it around.  The rest of the recipe was really just assembly. 

These are yummy and messy.  Everyone at the table liked them, and I think this base recipe could be really delicious for all types of deli sandwiches.  It would also be a fun way to dress up some sandwich fixin' leftovers in a new format.

Comments