Let's Taco 'Bout Tato Tacos

I'm trying to do a little bit of a fridge and freezer clean out, just to right the ship and use up a few odds and ends.  Plus, occasionally, I enjoy the challenge of seeing what I can make out of miscellaneous ingredients to make a meal.

For this meal I started with half a pound of frozen browned ground beef (with onion), a partial packet of taco seasoning (about half), some stray soft taco shells, and a few potatoes taking up space in the pantry.  I did a quick Pinterest search and the amount of recipes returned showed that I wasn't completely crazy for trying tacos with potatoes.  Using inspiration from this recipe and this one, I set forth to make dinner, feeling pretty good about my chances of success.

I chopped two small to medium potatoes and boiled them for 10 minutes.  Then, I heated my skillet and added some olive oil before tossing the potatoes and a sprinkle of taco seasoning in.  After the potatoes started to get a little crispy, I tossed in the ground beef and the rest of the taco seasoning.  I added just a little bit of extra water to get the seasoning even distributed.  We enjoyed our tacos with a little sour cream and a combo of cheddar and Jack cheese. 

These turned to be a hearty and delicious meal!  I love the fact that I cleared out some extras that were sitting around, and still made dinner that we all enjoyed.

Comments