Threefer

Sometimes you hit the jackpot and find three good recipes in one day.


First, Crockpot Taco Lasagna (and, no, it doesn't look pretty).  It's your average taco flavors, layered with cream cheese to make a lasagna.  It's interesting how the tortillas almost turn noodle-like as this cooks.  I was surprised at the warm reception this recipe received from my kiddo.  Normally, she is a taco skeptic, so for her to tell me it was "really good" surprised me.  One thing I noticed as I made the recipe, the meat/cheese/sauce doesn't really seem like enough to cover the layer, but I didn't notice the scant amount in the finished product.


I bought a big bag of pears at Costco.  I am now figuring out what to do with a big bag of pears from Costco.  Luckily, I found these Cinnamon Baked Pears on Pinterest. The prep time was super short, and in no time I had them in the oven (balanced on a muffin tin, which kept them from rolling).  They were so sweet and delicious, you could certainly serve them as a dessert, especially with a little ice cream.


We went with cookies for dessert, instead.  Specifically, these Chocolate Chunk Potato Chip Cookie Bars.  I love to add salty chips to other foods, and I purchased Ruffles for another recipe (stay tuned) so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to try them in cookies.  Verdict? Perfect sweet and salty bites partnered with the deliciousness of chocolate chip cookies. 

So, there's three more recipes to add to the keeper category.  Not bad for a Monday...

Comments