Longing for Summer

We aren't anywhere near done with winter, and I'm longing for summer.  Not the hot temps so much, but the food of summer.  Plenty of fresh fruits and veggies in all their glory, and grilling to our hearts' content.

Lucky for me, I found a little piece of summer right in the crockpot.  This rib recipe couldn't be simpler.  Sauce and broth, seasoning, ribs, and go.  Then brush with a little sauce and broil in the last few minutes before dinner.

The ribs were absolutely falling off the bone tender, and so good!  You can use any barbecue sauce you like.  I ended up polishing off one bottle, and starting another so the flavors in ours were a great combo.  I mixed a little ketchup and brown sugar into what I brushed onto the ribs before they went under the broiler.  I wanted to make sure it got a nice carmelized finish, and it worked great.

Ironically, when I posted the above picture on Instagram, my neighbor said they had ribs the same night.  I guess we weren't the only ones looking for a taste of summer!

Comments