Loosely Based On...



Most days I follow instructions of recipes, and am happy to have some amount of detail about what I should be doing.  Then there are some days I don't know why I mess with a recipe.

Such was the case with this Scalloped Fish Stick Casserole Recipe.  I started with the basic instructions and used a box of scalloped potatoes, although mine was quite a bit smaller.  I left out the peas because, well, peas, and tossed it in the over to bake for the first amount of time.  Then, when I pulled the potatoes out to add the fish sticks, I decided a sprinkle of cheddar would be good--because it always is--and then added the fish sticks on top.

This was a fun way to do two very easy and familiar flavors in a new way.  Even though the total cooking time is a little higher than I might normally choose for a weeknight, it's easy cooking time.  I was able to help with reading homework, and study for both math and social studies tests while the oven did the work.  And, of course, if you want to throw in a veggie of your choice, you could totally be a better mom than I am and do that.

Comments