Crockpot Ravioli



The weather has taken a cold turn just in time for all the comfort foods on my menu.  This Crockpot Ravioli Casserole was the perfect hot and cheesy dish for a blustery night that felt more like December than October.

This is a pretty simple recipe that had a couple of simple alterations.  I used closer to a pound of ground beef instead of a pound and a half.  I usually package my ground beef by the pound, and there was no need to make this recipe any bigger for our little family.  I happened to use rotini instead of bowtie pasta.  No particular reason, just what I had to work with, and in my book, a noodles's a noodle.  Lastly, I used fresh spinach, I find both the flavor and texture better than frozen.

This recipe turned out to have great flavor, exactly as you'd expect from the ingredients.  It was the best way to warm up on a cold night.  It would also be delicious with Italian sausage, or a different mixture of cheeses.


Comments