Fair Food

It's fair season in most of middle America, and that always makes me think of fair food.  And so I went in search of a corn dog muffin that was quick and simple.


I found this recipe that uses a corn muffin mix as a starter.   I also saw a suggestion on Pinterest to dice the hot dogs and add bacon and cheese.  I didn't need to be told twice!  I'll add bacon and cheese to just about anything.

I thought these were a nice home re-creation of the fair food classic, but honestly, I couldn't really taste the bacon that much, but the cheese was a nice touch.  I'd save the bacon calories for another dish if I were you.  The muffins were also super tender, which is good if you are making regular muffins, but a bit harder to handle when you are trying to dip them in mustard and ketchup.  Nevertheless, we soldiered on!

If you've a hankering for fair food at home, I highly recommend this easy recipe, and try customizing for your favorite flavors.  You won't regret it.

Comments