Coconut?



I tried this Coconut Lime Chicken because I liked the idea of the island flavor, and it seemed like a nice light dish for our usual end of summer heat.

In reality, it's a whole lotta lime with not much coconut.  We ended up eating in shifts at our house, and everyone's separate comment, when I gave the recipe title, was "there's coconut in this?".  So, clearly, this is more lime than coconut, and I don't think it was my fault this time.  The only recipe adjustments I made were to use chicken tenderloins and I omitted the red chili, neither of which is coconut related.

Verdict?  It's not terrible, but it's certainly not the best chicken dish I've ever made.  Moreover, I won't be making it again.  However, if you do really enjoy lime flavor, and are looking for a Whole, Dairy Free, or Paleo dish, you've got a new option here.

Comments