For Steak and Potato and Pizza People

 

Good Midwestern people looooove their steak and potatoes, and, of course, everyone loves pizza. So what happens when you put it all together? Magic!

This Steak & Potato Pizza sounded good from the get-go, and when I had some leftover steak from last weekend, I decided this was the perfect time to give it a try.  With a purchased pizza crust as the start, this recipe couldn't be easier.  Boil potatoes, cut up the steak, chop some onion, and you are ready to build the pizza.

Two bits of wisdom to pass along: add more red onion than looks "balanced" or "pretty".  The onion really countered the bland flavors of the potato.  I did not add the bleu cheese because I'm the only one in my house who likes it.  I sooo wished I had gotten a little to sprinkle on just my slice.  The bite of the bleu would be the perfect foil for the steak and potatoes combo.

I'm definitely keeping this one in my bag of tricks for leftover steak in the future.  It's delicious, and the smell while it's baking is worthwhile in and of itself.

 

Comments