Pinch Hitter


I'm always an advocate of menu planning to everyone I meet.  However, one rule I always share is that the menu has to be flexible--for grocery sales, for moods, for time, for sharing, for whatever.  The plan isn't freeing if it doesn't allow your family to be you, and freedom is the whole point.  
For some reason, I can't even remember, I ended up subbing this Cheesy Kielbasa Rice Skillet into the menu.  And what a great swap it was.  The convenience of one dish, and the delightful simplicity of working on just one dish for everything make it a first rate choice.  

This recipe was well received by everyone at my table, and I particularly enjoyed the leftovers--of which there were plenty.  The part of me that is my mother also took notice of the pretty color mixture on the plate.😉

I highly recommend this recipe as a plan or as a substitute.  In either case, you won't be disappointed.

Comments