Putting Spring Break to Good Use

Making my menu for the week of Spring Break is so freeing.  I don't have to worry so much about prep time because I'm just around for the week.  It's lovely, especially when a couple of fun days always fall in my Spring Break week -- Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day.


Today was Pi Day, so that means a pie, of course.  I went looking to be inspired by a new pie recipe, and soon realized that recipe sites tend toward all the same kinds of pie--banana cream, cherry, coconut cream, and pecan.  Nothing wrong with those flavors, but I was looking for something slightly more original.  Which brought me to Strawberry Cheesecake Pie.  It's intended for Valentine's Day (hence the heart decoration), but no less delicious in March.  I made things a little simpler and used a Pillsbury pie crust.  For the strawberry jam, I used some homemade from the refrigerator.  I loved this pie.  Cheesecake in a crust?  Nothing better.


Oh, and we ate dinner too.  Sticky Honey Garlic Shrimp are quick and simple.  Great flavor, without being too much for the delicate flavor of shrimp.  I think the marinade would be tasty using a lime instead of lemon, so I might try that next time.  Anywho, the fam loved this one, and there definitely will be a next time.

Comments