Making Irish Eyes Smile

I love my book club friends.  Ours is not a terribly serious book club, especially compared to things I hear about others' book clubs.  We discuss the book we read, eventually, but we spend a lot of time just enjoying each others' company too.

Since this month's club met at my house on St. Patrick's Day, I definitely wanted to have some St. Patrick's Day treats.  Oh, Pinterest, what do you have for me?  As always, Pinterest came through.


First, I found these Bailey's Irish Cream Scones.  I don't think I've made scones before, so this was a bit of an adventure for me.  The instructions on the recipe were detailed without being overkill, though, so it actually turned out to be pretty easy.  The scones turned out so tender and buttery, and drew rave reviews from my bookish friends.


Second, I went for this simple Irish Tea Cake.  It was easy to throw together, with no exotic ingredients.  It looked pretty, too.  So pretty, in fact, that the dog decided she needed to sample.  She just put her paws right up on the counter and started to nibble. Can you even believe it?!  Several of us tried the cake anyway (living dangerously right?), and agreed with Gloria.  It was just a lovely, uncomplicated cake.

If you are celebrating St. Paddy's a few days late, or just want to get a jump on next year's plans, I highly recommend both recipes!

Comments