Bonkers for Blueberry

Piano lesson Mondays always mean a slow cooker recipe, but sometimes I feel like many slow cooker meals turn out the same.  Even when they are different, there's still a certain slow cooker flavor that goes with everything.


In an effort to break out of the rut and try something different, I decided to add this Blueberry Breakfast Casserole to the menu.  It bakes pretty quickly in the crock pot (I let mine go too long), so keep an eye on it.

This recipe has a few ingredients that are a departure from your average breakfast casserole.  The cream of wheat I found especially interesting.  I just stirred everything together in the crock, and then sprinkled the walnuts over the top.  The end result is excellent--not too sweet, and filling without being heavy.

This is an easy recipe from a weekend breakfast, or maybe even a special brunch.  Definitely worth your time to try!

Comments