Almost Perfect. Almost.



I was so excited to make this Chicken Bacon Alfredo Bread Boat after my sister shared the link on my timeline.  I added to the March menu and couldn't wait to give it a shot.

And that's where things went a little awry.  I think my bread boat was smaller than the one in the recipe, or else I didn't cut near enough to the edge.  Anywho, I didn't realize how much different it was going to be until I got to the chicken, bacon, and cheese layers, after I had already added the seasoning.  Too much seasoning it turns out.

While the idea of this recipe was delicious, and some bites were indeed decadent and amazing, most of it was a salty, over-seasoned mess.  Sad face.  We all muddled through our meal, taking frequent drink, and tried to ignore just how crazy salty it was.  In fact, I don't know if you need any of the seasoning at all.  The Alfredo sauce I used, Buitoni, already has a fair amount of seasoning as it is.  If I give this recipe another whirl, I think I'll start with nothing and add some regular salt or garlic powder at the table.  After I've tasted it, of course!

Comments