Pineapple Chicken


I had a few different pineapple chicken recipes pinned over time, and finally decided it was time to try one.  This version was relatively simple, and included mostly normal ingredients I had on hand.  It was also the one with the fewest number of steps, always a plus.
My version looks a bit more pale than the original poster.  I'm guessing that's because I used neither chili sauce or Sriracha.  I've finally learned to accept our little family and it's bland palate for what it is, and not push the issue.  For what little heat we can tolerate, I added a sprinkle of red pepper and a dash or two of hot sauce.  

Other notes on this recipe: I added the whole red pepper.  Half or red pepper isn't really even enough to add color.  I was also super amazed at how the sauce thickened.  It was the perfect consistency when I added the cornstarch mixture back to the crockpot and stirred it all together.

The flavor of this dish is excellent, and a family pleaser.  It makes the cut!

Comments