Snack Season


The holidays through the Super Bowl are definitely the ultimate Snack Season.  If you find yourself in need of an easy, cheesy snack, look no further than this Crock Pot Cheesy Party Mix.

Snack mixes are a serious weakness for me.  Add in cheese-flavoring and I'm ALL IN.  I love this snack mix and it's been my breakfast and snacks ever since I made it.

You'll notice I made a couple of swaps.  I love Bugles and decided to sub them in for the pretzels.  I think it provided the same saltiness, but then no one had to eat around the pretzels. And then a great mystery unfolded and prompted my next swap, no cheeseballs!  There were none to be had in my grocery store.  Now, usually I think I see them in those giant barrels, but I was prepared to eat the leftovers if I had to.  I couldn't even find that!  I ended up using the Cheetos cheese puffs.  They worked just fine.  My last swap was Corn Chex instead of Wheat.  I just prefer the corn flavor more.

This was my first time making a party mix in the crock pot.  I have seen several other recipes, but just couldn't decide how it would work.  This recipe calls for leaving the lid off, and I liked the idea of not trapping the moisture in with the cereal.  I was, however, a bit concerned about whether it would stay hot enough to actually bake in the topping, but it worked.  After cooling, the mix got a lovely cheesy, buttery glaze all over it.

I'm not sure this beats actual traditional party mix, but I'm definitely making it again.  (And probably messing around with the combo of snacks I include at the same time!)

Comments