Make It a Muffin

When I originally had burgers on the menu, I wasn't sure what kind of burger I planned to make.  I figured to just top your average burgers with whatever we had in the house.


As it happened, I ran across this recipe for Muffin-Tin Bacon Cheeseburgers.  It looked like a perfect twist on the average burger--all the same ingredients, just rearranged a little.

These are pretty easy to make.  I chose to sub in bacon crumbles for cooking my own bacon (shocker!), so I just added it after the ground beef was browned and drained.  I did a squiggle of ketchup on each cup, and then added a 1/4 slice of Colby cheese (that's all you need really, the original's recipe calls for more cheese than the math provides for).

These were such a hit!  On the one hand I was a little surprised--it's just burger stuff reconfigured.  On the other hand, I wasn't--it's just burger stuff reconfigured.  Either way, I'll definitely make them again, and maybe keep this one in my back pocket for parties or other gatherings.

Comments