Five Minutes to Spare


It's your typical busy school morning with no time to spare. I knew I had planned to make this Slow Cooker Potato Soup and was planning on putting together some time in the early afternoon.  I decided to do a quick recipe check before bus time, and realized that the recipe called for 8-10 hours on low.  Now, I know you can cut the time in half and cook on high, but that wasn't going to be super convenient either.

Since this recipe is incredibly simple, I decided to push it and see if I could get the whole thing going before we walked out the door.  I dumped in the hashbrowns, poured in soup, gave it one quick stir, and put on the lid.  Literally less than five minutes.  It was such a beautiful thing.

We topped our soup with bacon, cheese, sour cream and green onion.  It was so good, and all the better because it was so easy.

Comments