What's In a Name?

I try not to overthink stuff, and yet, sometimes there are some things I just can't look past.


Such is the case with these Cuban Taco Boats.  I love a Cuban sandwich, the idea of the "boat" shell intrigued me, and my kiddo doesn't love taco stuff so the idea was a good one.  However, I'm not sure the wisdom of putting Cuban and boats in the same title.  Just too many opportunities there.  Am I right? 

The recipe was good, but it needs another name. No question.  I used some pulled pork from the freezer because our grocery store didn't have any roasted pork in the deli.  It was great, and I liked the variation and texture between it and the ham.  I also used some Swiss slices (cut in half) in place of the shredded variety.  

This is a fun twist on a favorite flavor, but I'm going to be working on something better to call it.

Comments