I Was Waiting to Try This One!

I pin a lot of recipes.  A LOT.  And, of course, I pin them because they look good.  However, some pins call to me, and I absolutely can not wait to try them.


This Tavern Style Pot Roast Grilled Cheese totally spoke to me, and I was so excited to try it.  I

I ended up making the pot roast with my traditional onion soup/cream of mushroom soup combo instead of the Campbell's product.  I don't think that matter, so long as there was pot roast available for a sandwich.

So, for my version of the sandwich, I decided some grilled onions would be a fitting addition.  Then I used Havarti, and sour dough bread.  It was delicious.  I only used a slice and a half of the Havarti per sandwich, and to truly make it grilled cheesy, it needs more.  As it was, it was delicious, but more of a roast beef and cheese sandwich.

I am so making these with pot roast leftover again.  They were fantastic, and would be perfect for a cozy night at home in the winter.

Comments