Apples Again


So we have a lot of apples.  A LOT. Still.  So, of course, that means more apple recipes.

Today's edition of apple goodness is this Peanut Butter Apple Crumble.  Think of it as your traditional apple goodness with a little something extra.

This is a super simple recipe, and I really liked her suggestion to let the apples start baking while you make the topping.  It seems like I'm always pressed for time when I make these recipes, so it felt like I was being productive in getting them started.

I had one unknown--use rolled oats or quick cook--I chose rolled.  It made the topping much more crumbly, but still very good.  My hubby really enjoyed the peanut butter flavor.  I think it made it taste a little more like a caramel apple with nuts on the outside.

You can't go wrong with this one!

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm heading to Tanner's Orchard this weekend or next specifically for apples, so I will definitely keep this recipe in mind! You can never go wrong with apples!
Heidi said…
Have fun at Tanner's!