Cowboys and Other American Things

We recently returned from a short trip to pick up our kiddo from camp, and made a stop off at the Mall of America on our way home.  As a result, our fourth was pretty low key, just dinner with my family.

I did my best to get in the theme of things without actually doing a lot of work.  (It is a holiday after all.)  So along with fried chicken from the local Kroger, and contributions from my sister and mom, I made a few sides that were kind of fun.


First there was this all American salad.  It was inspired from something on Pinterest, but I chose to use blueberries, cherries, and strawberries plus Havarti cheese for the white stripes.


I also made these Cowboy Beans.  I'm usually no lover of baked beans, but these had bacon and enough other things to sound tasty.  They SO were!  Plus, they were even easier than the recipe because I just Kirkland bacon bits (of course), put everything in the crockpot, and let it warm for a couple of hours on low.  It doesn't get better than that.

I hope your fourth was a very happy time of celebrating, and now that summer is half over (yikes) I might be around just a tad more.

Comments