Puffless

Today is Pancake Day!  Rather than celebrate with traditional flapjacks, I decided this Ham and Cheese Puff Pancake would be a good experiment.  Puff pancakes are easy to throw together on a busy evening, and the baking time means a fast meal without too much hands-on time.

This was my first time making a savory variety.  It was very good, however, sadly, it was not puffed. The ham and cheese combination was absolutely delicious (albeit herbless because I totally forgot them).  I'm seriously considering making this to have on hand for breakfasts.  It is hearty without being thuddy--a good combination in my book.

Comments

Unknown said…
Ughhhhh this looks delicious! I wonder what other "pancake" recipes there are that are variations from the traditional pancake! Now my question is, did you still eat it with syrup???
Heidi said…
Nope, no syrup. I tend to favor whipped cream over syrup on traditional pancakes anyway, but definitely no syrup on this one.