It Takes Me Back

Salisbury steak was my absolute favorite hot lunch back in the elementary school days.  It became my favorite overall food, and the subject of many a birthday supper as a result.


For whatever reason, I've gotten away from the Salisbury steak days.  Not that I don't love it, but I tend not to make it.  That changed today!  I managed to find a slow cooker version, so that it didn't even interfere with piano lessons.  Woot!

There are a few steps to this recipes, but nothing too difficult.  The worst is that more steps means more dishes to wash.  I survived regardless.

The gravy on this dish is very good, and unlike some other slow cooker meals, it thickened up super quick, just like it's supposed to.  Since I started with a pound of ground beef, I did cut back those proportions to 2/3.  The gravy ingredients I left the same.  There was some extra, but that meant plenty for our mashed potatoes.  I will say that I could definitely taste the ketchup flavor in the gravy, and for that reason, I might cut it back just a little.

If you want to be transported back to your school lunchroom days, and who doesn't, give this one a try!

Comments